Let’s be honest: When you have to call a plumber, it’s usually bad news. Sure, in some cases, it may be because you’re finally getting started with that bathroom remodel, or because you’re upgrading old fixtures, or because you simply want to have preventative maintenance done to avoid future plumbing woes.
Table of Contents
More often than not, however, a call to a local plumber means your water heater has broken down, your faucet has sprung a leak, or you have some other significant and time-sensitive issue.
Just because you’re calling with a problem, however, doesn’t mean your plumbing experience has to be negative. By choosing the best plumber in your area, you can ensure quality workmanship, grade-A customer service, and honest and affordable pricing. In short, doing a little research will help you locate the plumber most likely to do a great job on your behalf.
There happen to be a number of qualified plumbing businesses in Avon, Indiana… but which one is the best one? That’s the question we’ll explore in this article.
How to Find the Best Local Plumbing Services
First things first: If you find yourself in need of a skilled Avon plumbing provider, there are a few basic steps that we’d recommend.
First and foremost, check with your co-workers, your neighbors, and your friends who live in Avon or the surrounding area. Chances are, they’ve all had to enlist the help of a professional plumber at some point. They may be able to tell you who you should call… or, which company you should avoid. Ask around to see who other folks have used, what kind of plumbing job they needed to be done, and whether or not they were satisfied with the experience.
Another important step in your research process is to read reviews. You can find these pretty easily on Google and Facebook, and potentially also on sites like Yelp. While a single review should never be taken as authoritative, the overall thrust of a company’s reviews can be pretty revealing. A business with 25 five-star reviews and just one two-star review is probably going to be pretty trustworthy; if those star ratings are more closely divided, that could point to trouble.
In some situations, you may have emergency plumbing needs that don’t allow you the luxury of shopping around and comparing quotes. If you can call two to four different companies to compare rates, however, then that can help you make a more informed decision. Be aware that some plumbers will offer free estimates and some won’t, so always check in advance.
What to Look for in a Professional Plumbing Business
As you follow these basic steps to help you locate the best plumbing services in Avon, Indiana, there are a few specific qualities you should look for. Here’s a quick summary.
Simply put, you deserve to work with someone who will treat you with kindness, decency, and respect. If you call a local plumbing company and find the customer service rep to be rude or unhelpful, that’s a perfectly good reason to continue looking elsewhere. And if a plumber says they will be out to provide a quote around 1:00, and 5:00 rolls around without you hearing from them, by all means, tell them thanks but no thanks.
We would always, always, always recommend choosing an Avon plumber with a valid plumbing license. There are a couple of reasons for this. One, a license shows that the plumber has received the proper training and that they have skills to address your plumbing needs, whether that involves water heater repair, kitchen sink installation, or something involving sump pumps. Also, plumbers in Avon who have a valid license can be reported to the licensing board, meaning you have a way to handle any problems that arise. An unlicensed plumber is very hard to hold accountable!
As for how you can tell whether a plumber is licensed, just ask! Also, some of the top plumbing companies display their license number at the top of their website, which is always a promising sign.
Not every plumber is going to be willing to furnish a free estimate, and that’s not necessarily a deal-breaker… but when you’re shopping around and trying to find the best person for the job, having the chance to get a free quote can be really handy.
Some plumbing companies will pledge 100 percent satisfaction, or offer even more concrete guarantees on their labor and/or parts. Definitely be on the lookout for these guarantees as you shop around for different Avon plumbers. They can give you peace of mind as you consider the best plumber for the job.
What happens if your pipe ruptures during the night, or you have a water heater that dies right at the start of the weekend? It is always wise to have the name and number of an Avon plumber who has emergency availability. Note that the vast majority of plumbers will charge an additional fee or a higher hourly rate for after-hours jobs, which is reasonable.
Range of Services
Always double-check that the plumber you hire offers services that correspond with your plumbing needs. For example, not every plumbing professional has expertise with water softener installation. Not all plumbers will be prepared to install a tankless water heater. The list goes on and on.
Finally, just be aware of a plumber’s local reputation before you hire them. Are they held in high esteem in the Avon business community? Do people generally like and trust them? Reviews, professional memberships, and BBB accreditation can all be revealing here.
How We Chose the Top Plumbers in Avon, Indiana
In just a moment, we’ll share our picks for the top 10 plumbers in Avon, Indiana. First, just a few quick notes about how we arrived at these rankings.
- All of the plumbers we selected hold valid and up-to-date licenses.
- We considered the number of reviews as well as the average rating for each company; all have a 3.0 or higher on Google as well as on Yelp.
- We sought companies that are accredited with the BBB.
- We looked for plumbers who are members of the local Chamber.
- We took into account special awards that have been granted.
- We weighed the total years of experience that each plumber has.
- We made sure that all of the plumbers on the list have sterling reputations, and do not have any known code violations or pending lawsuits.
With these criteria in mind, we now present our choices for the best plumbing services in Avon and the surrounding area.
The Top 10 Plumbing Companies in Avon, Indiana
1) Carter's My Plumber
Carter’s My Plumber is the first licensed plumber we would call to assist with our next plumbing project. Their professional service, attention to detail, transparent pricing, and incomparable expertise all make them one of the best of the best, and we know that if you choose them, they’ll do an amazing job on your behalf.
So what is it that we love so much about Carter’s My Plumber? To begin with, we love the fact that they’re a family business. Currently, three generations of the Carter family work as plumbers here in the Avon community. We also love that this is a company with deep roots in the general Indianapolis area; they’ve been one of the area’s most trusted plumbing services for a long time, amassing plenty of goodwill from local homeowners and business owners. And, Carter’s My Plumber has an incredible track record; they’ve been in business since the 1960s, and are still going strong.
A few other things we like about this Avon plumbing company:
- They display their license number at the top of the website, making it really easy for you to verify their credentials before you hire them.
- They are committed to transparent pricing, and will always supply you with an upfront quote before beginning any plumbing repairs.
- They provide a lot of regular discounts, promos, and coupons, making it easy to get the assistance you need for an uber-affordable rate.
There’s more we could say about Carter’s My Plumber, but for now, just know that we think they are the top plumbing business in Avon, and we trust them to do a great job no matter the project. Learn more at the Carter’s website.
2) Stokes Plumbing Heating Cooling
Another company to keep in mind for water heater issues, gas leak detection, and other plumbing concerns: Stokes Plumbing Heating Cooling. As the name suggests, this is a business you can trust to do a great job across a full spectrum of home services, ranging from drain cleaning to HVAC inspection to electric water heater installation. The Stokes team provides residential and commercial services in Avon and throughout the broader Indianapolis area, and their customer reviews attest to first-class service and quality workmanship.
There are several other factors that earn Stokes Plumbing Heating Cooling such a prominent position on our list. Consider:
- They have a reliable emergency service, meaning you can get a hold of them whenever a plumbing or home heating catastrophe strikes.
- They are not only licensed and insured, but they are a proud member of the Chamber of Commerce in Indianapolis.
- They have a wealth of experience and have been doing a great job serving customers in the Avon community since the early 1960s.
There’s so much to love about Stokes. To get more information about them, take a minute to browse their business website.
3) Mister Quik Home Services
Next on our list of Avon’s top plumbing services is Mister Quik. Actually, this is another example of a trade service company that has a lot to offer, including not just assistance with plumbing problems but also heating and cooling issues.
A few reasons to choose Mister Quik:
- They showcase an incredible portfolio of five-star reviews, attesting to a really high level of customer service.
- They also boast a long list of guarantees and warranties, which should give real confidence in what they do.
To get more information, check out the Mister Quik Home Services website at any time.
4) Westside Plumbing Heating & Air
The folks at Westside Plumbing Heating & Air can assist you with anything from water heater installation to routine HVAC inspections. And, they proudly serve the broader Avon community, including Danville, Plainfield, Zionsville, and beyond.
Some quick perks to hiring Westside Plumbing Heating & Air:
- They are a family-owned company with deep roots in the community.
- They provide emergency services for after-hours disasters.
- They offer special pricing and discounts on a regular basis.
You can learn more about this first-rate plumbing provider by heading over to their website. Check it out at your convenience.
5) Aqua Pro Plumbing
Next on our list is Aqua Pro Plumbing, a company that provides plumbing services throughout Central Indiana, and is available on a 24/7 basis. A few things we like about Aqua Pro Plumbing:
- Their track record extends back more than 20 years.
- They personally answer the phone any time you call, even on holidays.
- They supply a range of plumbing services, including preventative plumbing inspections to help you save money and avert disaster over the long run.
This is definitely a business to keep in mind for your next water heater or drain cleaning need. Check out the Aqua Pro Plumbing website for additional information.
6) Fite Plumbing
Fite Plumbing has a really strong reputation in the area, something you’ll be able to tell from their trove of rave reviews. They also have a decent track record; Fite has been delivering commercial and residential plumbing services as far back as 2008, and they proudly serve customers across Central Indiana. Some additional selling points:
- They offer a full, rapid-response emergency service.
- Their “Fite Club” makes it easy for you to save money on their professional services.
There’s more we could say, but for now, we’ll simply direct you to the Fite Plumbing website, where you can find whatever other information you need.
7) Mishler Plumbing Services
We are also pleased to recommend Mishler Plumbing Services, a company that has a reputation for honesty, integrity, and quality workmanship. A few notes about Mishler:
- The company is licensed and insured and maintains membership with the local BBB.
- They make their plumbing license number easily obtainable on their home page.
- They provide a wealth of services, from assistance with garbage disposals to tankless water heaters.
Don’t overlook this company, which is a bit smaller but comes very highly recommended. You can find out more by taking a moment to visit the business website.
8) Justin Dorsey Plumbing
Another company with a strong reputation in the Avon community is Justin Dorsey Plumbing. Here are some of the things we appreciate most about this top-notch business:
- They are available 24/7 to assist with any emergency needs that develop.
- They offer clear, upfront pricing before starting on any project.
- They are locally owned and operated.
- They never charge overtime fees.
Whether you need someone to fix a busted water heater or unclog a drain, Justin Dorsey is a company worth considering. We invite you to learn more about them by heading over to the Justin Dorsey Plumbing website.
9) Mowery Heating, Cooling & Plumbing
Looking for an Avon plumber with vast reserves of expertise? The Mowery team has been in the business for 50 years and counting. They definitely have the skills required to assist you with any plumbing or HVAC need. A few additional selling points include:
- They have 24/7 availability, making it easy to reach them for after-hours water heater or HVAC mishaps.
- They boast a heap of generous customer reviews.
- They utilize a number of maintenance programs to help you derive maximum value from your plumbing system.
Visit the Mowery Heating, Cooling & Plumbing website to find out more about their areas of expertise.
10) Aqueduct Plumbing
The final company on our list is Aqueduct Plumbing, which offers emergency services to homeowners and business owners throughout the Indianapolis area. Their service area includes not just Avon, but also Carmel, Fishers, Greenwood, Brownsburg, and more. Some additional considerations:
- They offer a full range of services, including water filtration systems, drain cleaning, hydro jetting, and more.
- They provide coupons and other promos on their website.
- They get great customer reviews, attesting to a high level of friendly, dependable service.
Ready to learn more about Aqueduct Plumbing? We’d encourage you to head over to their website to see some additional details.
Hiring the Best Plumbers in the Avon, Indiana Area: FAQ
Still looking for some tips on how to find a reliable service that will handle even your most challenging plumbing issues? Here are a few answers to common questions.
Is it really bad to hire a company without proper licensing?
While an unlicensed plumber may claim great service and an affordable price, there is really no way of vetting them or ensuring their competence. In other words, you’re taking a gamble. Also, when you hire a plumber without a license, there’s not much you can do if they deal with you dishonestly, or if they don’t provide quality work. We would always recommend double- and triple-checking to make certain that the professional you hire has a valid license.
How much should I expect to pay for my estimate?
Some plumbers will actually furnish a free, no-obligation estimate, which is always nice! Others may need to charge a small service fee, compensating for the trouble of driving out to your home or place of business. This will usually be somewhere in the range of $50 to $75. We would advise caution against plumbers whose service fees are much higher than that. Also note that, in most cases, the plumber will credit that service fee toward your total cost, assuming you decide to hire them for the job.
Is there a place I can turn to find a list of licensed plumbers in my area?
We’ve got you covered! Check out our directory to see a list of fully licensed plumbers in Indiana, many of whom proudly serve customers in the Avon area.
Will I have to pay extra for emergency services?
The vast majority of plumbers will charge you extra for making any after-hours calls, including on weekends, in the evening, or on holidays. The specific amount can vary quite a bit from one company to the next. If you need to call for an emergency service, we would also recommend asking about the upcharge before the plumber comes to assess your situation.
Will most plumbing companies be able to help me install an electric water heater?
Where electric water heaters used to be fairly uncommon, they are now very prevalent. You probably won’t have any trouble finding a plumber who can help you here, though it never hurts to inquire on the front end, just to guarantee you hire someone with experience with this product.
I own a plumbing company and want to make sure local customers know I'm licensed. How can I get the word out?
We’d love to help! Learn more about displaying your credentials and getting listed in our directory. You can get the details here.
What's the best way to ensure I pay reasonable prices for my plumbing job?
The best way to ensure competitive pricing is simply to shop around, obtain three or four different quotes, and then compare them. This way, if one company is a huge outlier in terms of price, you’ll know it. Keep in mind, however, that you’re not just looking for the cheapest price. You’re looking for the best value. This means taking into account any warranty or guarantee you’re offered. It also means ensuring that you pick a company that will do a truly excellent job!
Can I get same-day service?
Some companies won’t be able to offer same-day scheduling, but many of the local pros we’ve listed here will be very accommodating. Just let them know you want someone who can do the job as soon as possible, and see how quickly they can work you into their schedule.
Get More Information About Popular Services in Avon and the Surrounding Area
As you look for a dependable professional who will do a good job addressing your plumbing or drain clearing needs, there are a few steps to keep in mind. Allow us to present a quick recap:
- Ask around and see if your friends and neighbors can recommend a great company in the area.
- Pay attention to online reviews, which can be really revealing.
- Shop around so that you get plenty of quotes to compare.
- Always double-check that the plumber you hire is licensed. We would always advise against hiring an unlicensed plumber.
- Be upfront in specifying exactly what your project entails, and see if you can get clear, upfront pricing.
- Be attentive to customer service, and don’t hire a company if you don’t like the way they treat you over the phone.
- Remember that locally- and family-owned businesses will often offer you the friendliest, fastest, and most affordable service.
- By all means, use our top 10 list to help guide your selection, but remember that there are loads of qualified plumbers in Avon who would be happy to get your pipes and fixtures working properly again.
- Also, be sure to use our directory above to locate licensed plumbers working in the Avon area.
Hiring a plumber may not be your idea of fun, and in fact, it can often be a little bit stressful. But remember, by choosing the right provider, you can make the experience as positive and as seamless as can be. We hope this list is helpful to you as you seek the right home service company.