Certification Marks Guidelines
Why Should you display the Certification Mark?
It demonstrates to your customers and others that are properly licensed or certified to perform your services in your area. Your certification is a valuable asset. We encourage you to promote your achievement and continued commitment to good management practice by displaying your approved Certification Mark as set out within these use guidelines.
When should you display the Certification Mark?
When you receive your approval and the logo artwork appropriate to your certification status and standard. You will be provided with the applicable Certification Mark that you can provide to your printers to update your literature with the Certification Mark.
Where can you display the Certification Mark?
- On patches for uniforms shirts, jackets and coveralls placed on the upper 1/3 quadrant, right or left sleeve.
- On shirts, jackets, sweatshirts as either an embroider or screen print on the right or left front side, on the sleeve in the upper 1/3 quadrant, or on the backside proportionally positioned in a large format.
- On publicity and company literature, brochures, etc.
- On corporate electronic media such as the internet.
- On internal walls and doors.
- On exhibition display equipment relating to your certification.
- On company vehicles.
- On larger boxes etc used for the transportation of products.
Where can you not display the Certification Mark?
On products, for example; the tangible product itself or its primary packaging, or product inserts.
What size should the Certification Mark by displayed?
The Certification Mark can be reproduced in any legible size, always respecting the proportions of the mark. However the Certification Mark must never be displayed larger or more prominently than your own business name and marks.
What color should the Certification Mark by displayed?
When the Certification Mark is placed on a product 100% black is always acceptable, as well reversed in white.
General Regulations for Certification Mark placement.
- The Certification Mark must be used as a single, integral design. Do not break it apart.
- The Certification Mark should not be manipulated in any way that alters, skews or distorts the proportions of the Certification Mark or the individual elements comprising the mark.
- Do not enclose the Certification Mark in any shape.
- The Certification Mark should be rendered at a sufficient size to be legible in normal usage. There is no regulation on the maximum size, provided that the Certification Mark is never displayed larger or more prominently than the your own business name and marks.
- The Certification Mark may be displayed in combination with company-specific or other proprietary marks and logos, provided that the display of the Certification Mark in connection with other mark(s) does not in any way create a likelihood of confusion between other products and services or in a way that conveys a false endorsement.
- Do not integrate the Certification Mark in any company-specific or other proprietary mark or logo in a manner that creates the overall impression of a single, unitary mark.