Looking for a trustworthy and dependable plumber in the Indianapolis area? You’ll find that there is no shortage of options. Several licensed plumbing professionals call Indianapolis home, so you shouldn’t have any problem finding someone you can call.
Table of Contents
In fact, the hard part might be narrowing down the list. With so many plumbers to choose from, how can you be sure you’re picking the right company? How can you make certain you’re getting top value, honesty, and reliability for your leak detection, water heater installation, or other plumbing repair needs?
In this post, we’ll offer some recommendations for the best plumbing businesses in Indianapolis. But first, we’ll offer some general guideline for selecting a full-service plumbing company that will address your needs.
How to Find the Right Plumbing Company
First things first: If you’ve never had any reason to contact an Indianapolis plumbing company in the past, where should you begin your search?
- Ask your family members and friends. We’d recommend that you begin by asking the people you know and trust if they have worked with a local plumbing service… and if so, if they would recommend the experience. Personal recommendations can go a long way!
- Do some online research. Lists and recommendations like this one can be really valuable, but also make sure to read customer reviews. These reviews can tell you a lot about the dependability and customer service you might expect.
- Consider multiple options. Don’t hesitate to shop around. Get a few different quotes, and compare the customer service experience with different plumbing services.
These are just a few of the general practices we would recommend as you seek out the best answer to your plumbing problems.
What to Look for in a Plumbing Company
As you do online research, and ultimately interview a couple of different companies, here are just a few of the things you should look for:
- Range of services. Most plumbing companies will be equipped to handle the basics: Installing hot water heaters, assisting with leak detection, cleaning your sewer line, and addressing other plumbing problems you might be facing. But needless to say, it’s helpful to double-check that the plumbing company you choose can help with your issue.
- Local roots and reputation. For peace of mind, consider a plumbing business that is well-regarded in the Indianapolis area. Specifically, look for a company that is family-owned and operated, and that has provided plumbing repair services in the Indianapolis area for a long time.
- Pricing transparency. Always ask about rates, and be highly skeptical of plumbing companies that can’t give you a straight answer for how much they charge for their services. There’s no reason for a professional plumber to be ambiguous about their rates. Oftentimes, a plumbing company will send a technician out so they can evaluate the problem versus trying to guess over the phone. It’s like calling your general doctor and trying to explain things over the phone; until they can visually assess the problem it’s difficult to give an accurate diagnosis and price. If a company wants to give you a time and material option you must keep track of the time. Most plumbing companies give a price upfront for the entire job before any work begins.
- Customer service experience. When you call an Indianapolis plumbing company to ask about their services, be mindful of how friendly and helpful the receptionist is. If you don’t like the service you receive, that’s reason enough to move on to the next Indianapolis plumbing business on your list.
- Availability. Some plumbers may be booked up for days or even weeks. That’s perfectly well and good, but if your hot water is out, you may not be willing to wait. Look further for plumbing services that are more readily available.
- License and insurance. Any reputable Indianapolis plumbing repair company will be fully licensed and insured and prepared to furnish you with the documentation to prove it. Don’t hesitate to ask for a plumbing license number. You can always look on your state of Indiana website for a list of Licensed Plumbing companies as well.
These are just a few of the ways you can do your due diligence as you shop around for the best plumbers in Indianapolis.
Choosing the Best Plumbers in Indianapolis: Our Criteria
Now let’s get into our picks for the top 10 best plumbers in Indianapolis. We’ve reviewed a number of the top plumbing services in the area, and we’ve arrived at our rankings based on several important factors.
Specifically, we chose the top plumbers in Indianapolis based on the following criteria:
- Valid license in the State of Indiana
- Number and quality of reviews from Indianapolis homeowners
- Accreditation with the Better Business Bureau
- Membership in the local Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce
- Special awards and recognition
- Number of years in the plumbing business
- Lack of code violations as per their license
- Lack of lawsuits
- Range of plumbing services offered
- General reputation within Indianapolis and the surrounding community
Based on these factors, we now offer our picks for the best plumbing companies in Indianapolis.
Top 10 Plumbers in Indianapolis
1) Carter's My Plumber
There are plenty of reasons why Carter’s My Plumber rises to the top of our list. To begin with, they are an Indianapolis plumbing institution through and through. This family-owned and operated company currently boasts three generations of Indianapolis plumbers, and their roots and reputation in the area couldn’t be purer. Between them, they have more than 100 years of experience, meaning they’re well-equipped to assist with your water heater issues and other plumbing repair needs. Add to that incomparable customer service, competitive pricing, and flexible scheduling and you have our choice for the best plumbing business in Indianapolis. Also note: You can see their license number, right there at the top of their website.
2) Plumbing Heating Paramedics
Speaking of family plumbing companies, we’re also thrilled to recommend Plumbing Heating Paramedics, a company you can trust for any water heater, sewer line, or HVAC repair needs. They’ve been serving Indianapolis homeowners since 2010, and in that time, they’ve developed one of the best reputations in the area for friendly service and honest pricing. They’re fully licensed, bonded, and insured, and on their Angie’s List profile you can learn more about their award-winning record providing plumbing services to Indianapolis and beyond.
3) Justin Dorsey Plumbing
Justin Dorsey Plumbing offers a full suite of plumbing services, including around-the-clock emergency work, so definitely give them a call if you need after-hours leak detection or repair. We are also impressed by the friendliness of their plumbers; by their commitment to transparent, up-front pricing; and of course, we love the fact that this is a locally owned and operated plumbing team. Definitely consider giving the Justin Dorsey team a call.
4) Service Plus Heating, Cooling, Plumbing
There are plenty of reasons to consider Service Plus for any plumbing service or repair needs. For one thing, they can guarantee same-day services, which means you won’t have to wait too long to have them check out your pipes, drains, water heaters, or whatever else. Additional reasons to consider Service Plus: They hire a lot of veterans, which we love; and, they offer a full guarantee for all their plumbing repair work. Check out Service Plus, one of our top picks among Indianapolis plumbing services.
5) Mr. Quik Home Services
The plumbers at Mr. Quik are ready to assist not only with your pipes, but also with any issues you’re having with your heating, cooling, or electrical systems. They’re noteworthy for their comprehensive services as well as for their prompt response times. Also note that they enjoy really amazing reviews from local Indianapolis homeowners, who entrust Mr. Quik with so many of their home repair needs. Mr. Quik is more than deserving of a space on this list.
6) Weilhammer Plumbing Co
If you want to talk about legacy plumbers in the Indianapolis area, well, you can’t get much more highly tenured than Weilhammer Plumbing Co. They’ve been serving Indianapolis homeowners since 1901, and in that time they have maintained a record for excellent workmanship and honest dealings. Some reasons to consider Weilhammer: Same-day service, free estimates, and satisfaction guarantees. Learn more about this plumbing team by visiting their website.
7) Steg Plumbing
Steg Plumbing provides Indianapolis homeowners and business owners with expertise in sewer line and drain cleaning, water heaters, and general plumbing repair. With more than 25 years of plumbing experience to their credit, they take pride in their prompt service and their high standards of workmanship. Check out some consumer reviews and you’ll see that this Indianapolis plumbing business enjoys a phenomenal reputation. To find out more about Steg Plumbing, we recommend taking a quick look at their website.
8) Mr. Plumber Indy
Mr. Plumber Indy is one of the most trusted heating, cooling, and plumbing repair companies in the Indianapolis area. They can help you with anything from installing water heaters to clearing your sewer lines to improving your home air quality. Not only do they offer a number of repair and maintenance services, but they provide upfront pricing and plenty of ways for consumers to save money. Finally, we’ll note that they’ve been around since 1966, so they have quite a track record. Learn more about Mr. Plumber Indy in Indianapolis.
9) Hope Plumbing
Do you have an older Indianapolis home? If so, then we’d recommend giving Hope Plumbing a call. This company has local roots and real expertise working on more established properties. Their friendly, uniformed plumbers will provide you with a range of options for your plumbing installation or repair needs. They’ll also provide you with up-front pricing information. They’re locally owned and operated, and they maintain a reputation as one of the most trustworthy and dependable plumbing repair businesses in the area. They more than earn a spot on our top 10 list.
10) Fite Plumbing
We conclude our list of the top Indianapolis plumbing businesses with Fite Plumbing, a company that offers friendly service and plumbing expertise throughout Indianapolis. They offer emergency response times, and have a strong reputation in communities throughout the general area. Learn more about this plumbing team and their services by checking out their website.
Get Expert Plumbing Repair in Indianapolis
To recap, we’ll just reiterate that there are several ace plumbing shops in the local area… but not all of them are created equal. We recommend:
- Doing some online research; begin with the list we’ve provided you here!
- Ask friends and family for recommendations.
- Pay attention to customer reviews.
- Double-check that you pick a plumbing professional who is fully licensed.
- Compare two or three different plumbers to ensure you’re selecting the right person for the job.
- If possible, seek a trustworthy local business with deep Indianapolis roots and a superlative reputation in the community.
A couple of final notes: First, if you’re curious to know more about plumbing licenses in Indiana, we recommend visiting our licensed plumbers store location. And if you’re a plumber who is looking to denote your status with licensing marks, head over here. Keep in mind that a plumbing license is one of the first things that homeowners will look for as they seek a reputable professional.