It never hurts to know the name of a good local plumbing company. After all, your water heater could be on the fritz or a faucet might spring a leak at any given moment. Plumbing problems can show up unexpectedly, and often at the most inopportune times. For peace of mind, make sure you know the name of a good plumber who can come help you in a pinch.
Table of Contents
For residents of Gary, Indiana, there are certainly plenty of plumbing services to choose from. The question is, how do you find the plumber who’s best-suited to help you with your problems?
What to Look for in a Plumbing Company
When looking for the best Gary plumbers, there are a few criteria you’ll want to keep in mind.
- Transparent pricing should always be offered. You don’t want a company that’s going to nickel and dime you, nor spring “surprise” fees at the last minute. Free estimates are especially nice.
- You’ll also want to make certain that, as you seek plumbers in Gary, you get a company that’s fully licensed. This ensures their plumbing services are reputable and trustworthy.
- You never know when your plumbing system might run into issues on a weekend, or late at night… and as such, it may be worthwhile to pick a plumbing company that furnishes emergency services.
- To verify that the plumbing company in question offers excellent service, it never hurts to take a look at their online customer reviews.
- Years of experience can also be an important indicator. Look for companies that boast many years in business serving Gary, Indiana homeowners.
- Naturally, you’ll also want to be sure that you pick a company that provides a full range of plumbing services, including water heater repairs, drain cleaning, and whatever else you might need.
These are just a few of the important factors to consider as you seek a business to address your plumbing needs.
How to Look for Plumbers in Gary
If you’ve never had any need to call a plumbing company before, you may be at a loss for where to begin. Should you simply conduct a Google search and call the first company you see?
Well, maybe. But there are also some other steps you can take to find the best plumbing services to meet your needs. Here are some steps that we recommend:
- Always start by asking for personal recommendations. Do you have friends, neighbors, or co-workers in Gary who have used local plumbing services? Ask who they used and what their experience was like.
- If you can’t find a personal recommendation, then definitely follow our advice about customer reviews. While Google and Facebook reviews are not infallible, they can certainly tell you a lot about different Gary plumbers’ customer service skills.
- Unless you’re facing a really dire plumbing emergency, it can be wise to talk with a few different plumbing outfits, comparing their pricing and customer service. Again, seek companies that will offer free estimates.
- Remember, if you talk with a plumbing service but find them to be unfriendly or unhelpful, that’s reason enough for you to continue your search elsewhere. You should never feel bound to work with a plumber who makes you feel uncomfortable.
These tips should help you make a wise decision as you look for a business that will address your plumbing needs.
How We Chose the Best Plumbing Businesses in Gary, Indiana
Before we unveil our specific recommendations for the best Gary plumbing businesses, consider the ranking criteria we used.
- We have only included Gary plumbers who hold valid licenses.
- We have also based our rankings on the number of reviews each company has.
- Our list is comprised only of companies with an average rating of 3.0 or higher on Google and/or Yelp.
- We have taken into account standing with the BBB.
- We also looked at membership in the local Chamber of Commerce, plus any special awards granted.
- The companies on our list do not have any outstanding lawsuits or code violations tied to their license.
Based on these factors, we’ve put together a list of 10 plumbing companies that serve the Gary community, and that are easy for us to recommend.
Our Picks: Top 10 Plumbing Businesses in Gary, IN
1) Hanson Plumbing
Hanson Plumbing serves homeowners throughout Northwest Indiana, including the Gary community. They top our list for a few reasons. One, they do a great job of offering clear, upfront pricing, and they provide regular specials to keep their services affordable. Additionally, Hanson Plumbing is known for their warm, friendly service; they really feel like a neighborhood plumbing company. They can handle almost any residential or commercial plumbing project, and we recommend them highly. Check out their website to learn more about the team at Hanson Plumbing.
2) Forbes Plumbing
Forbes Plumbing is another great option, and we recommend them for the same reasons we recommend Hanson: They offer their services to customers throughout the Northwest Indiana area, and they truly have a friendly neighborhood plumber feel. They are family-owned, as well as fully licensed, bonded, and insured. And, if it’s years of experience you’re after, Forbes is tough to beat: They boast an incredible 65+ years in business! We are happy to recommend the plumbing services offered by Forbes Plumbing, and invite you to learn more about them. The best way to do that is by heading over to their business website.
3) Associated Sewer and Plumbing Company
For an all-purpose plumbing and drain cleaning service, Associated is a company you should keep on your radar. We like them for several reasons, starting with the fact that they have an impressive portfolio of rave reviews… proof positive that they are doing something customers like. They also deliver emergency services around the clock, so definitely keep their phone number handy should you ever have an urgent need. These are just a few reasons to consider this Gary-area business. Learn more by checking out the Associated Sewer and Plumbing Company website right away.
4) AAA Services
AAA Services is actually a full-scope HVAC and plumbing contractor, which means you can give them a call for almost any home project. In addition to their comprehensive services, there are several other reasons why we are happy to recommend them. Their business boasts some truly remarkable reviews on Google, Yelp, and Angie’s List. They exhibit transparent pricing, and their website has a ton of great discounts and coupons for their services. Finally, the AAA Services company is family-owned and operated, which is something that a lot of IN homeowners are really going to value. Choose these HVAC and plumbing contractors for any residential and commercial needs. Visit their website to find out more about them.
5) Tiger Plumbing
Tiger Plumbing is definitely one of the most beloved and popular plumbers in the Gary, IN region… and it’s not hard to understand why. Start with value. This business never charges a service fee or a trip charge. And they boast more than 30 years of experience, which tells you that they know a thing or two about water heater repair, drain cleaning, etc. You can learn a lot more about their services by checking out their website; or, just call their phone number to ask about a specific project.
6) Young Plumbing
We are also very pleased to recommend the plumbing contractors from Young Plumbing, who proudly offer their services to homeowners throughout the Northwest IN region. This business is known for having a great, dependable emergency line, which may be good to know if your water heater goes out after-hours. They have more than 30 years in business, and their services are all backed by generous parts and labor warranties. There are plenty of reasons to choose Young Plumbing for your residential or commercial project. Find out more about this first-rate business by checking out their website.
7) RightWay Sewer & Plumbing
Here’s another IN institution with plenty of experience handling drain cleaning, water heater repair, and other residential and commercial plumbing needs. RightWay has been around for more than two decades, and their plumbers have a terrific reputation in the community. They are available 24/7. And, their plumbers are all fully licensed, bonded, and insured. At RightWay, you’ll find that the pricing is very reasonable, and they can help address a wide range of concerns for your home or business. The best way to learn more about RightWay Sewer & Plumbing is by heading straight to their website.
8) B & D Plumbing
B & D Plumbing can assist with an expansive range of plumbing, sewer, and drain cleaning needs, both at the residential level and the commercial level. This range of services is just one reason why they make our list. We also appreciate the fact that this company charges by the job, not by the hour. And, we certainly love to see all the rave reviews this business has accrued. This father-and-son business has decades of experience in the field, and their reputation in Gary, IN is sterling. Find out more about B & D Plumbing today. For more information, just head over to their business website.
9) Summers Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling
This is a giant company; their plumbers serve home and business owners throughout IN, including but certainly not limited to Gary. If you’re looking for a business with a more local, grassroots feel, you may want to check elsewhere. But really, the plumbers from Summers are extremely well-qualified. They offer fast response times, a full range of services, and fair pricing. Whether you need someone to help with a bathroom remodel or with the installation of a new water heater, these plumbers should prove more than ready. Take a moment to find out more about the services offered by Summers Plumbing, Heating, & Cooling; check out their business website.
10) Rescue Plumbing Company
To be fair, this company actually hails from Chicago IL. With that said, their plumbers can make the trip to IN, and should be more than capable of handling your various needs. Indeed, these Chicago IL plumbers are licensed and insured; they give free estimates; they have rapid-response emergency services; and, their business can tackle projects of all kinds, from clogged drains to issues with water heaters. Residents of Gary, IN should keep this company in mind. You can learn more about their experience in plumbing by checking out their website.
FAQ About Hiring Plumbers in Gary
A few final points about hiring plumbers to help in Gary and the surrounding community:
Q: What can I do if I hire a plumber and feel they treat me unfairly?
If they are a fully licensed company, then you can report any issues to the licensing board. This is one of the very best reasons to always seek a properly licensed plumbing company.
Q: Should I expect to pay extra for emergency services?
Most plumbers will charge an additional fee for services they render after normal hours of operation, including nights, weekends, and holidays. They should be very up front with you about this on the phone. Again, always look for a plumbing company with transparent pricing.
Q: Where can I find a directory of licensed plumbers in Gary, IN?
We’re glad you asked! You can find a good list of licensed IN plumbers in our directory.
Q: What if I’m a plumber, and don’t know how to advertise the fact that I’m fully licensed?
For plumbers who are ready to show off their licensing marks, we invite you to learn a little bit more about our services. Start here.
Seeking Qualified Plumbers in Gary, IN
The bottom line: Plumbing needs can arise any time, and in any home. It’s crucial to be prepared. And one of the best ways you can do that is by making sure you have the name and number of a qualified local plumber who can deliver excellent customer service and fair, above-board pricing.
As you look for reputable plumbers, remember to always make local licensing a non-negotiable. Again, use our fully licensed IN plumbers directory to guide your efforts.
Good luck as you seek the best plumber to assist you with your home or business plumbing needs, and reach out with any additional questions.