Let’s be honest: When you have to call a plumber, it’s seldom good news. Usually, it’s because your water heater has stopped working, or something has sprung a leak, or you have a drain that you just can’t unclog. But even if you don’t exactly look forward to calling a local plumber, that doesn’t mean you have to have a horrible experience, either. Indeed, when you select the best, most high quality plumbing services, you can actually find the entire process to be positive.
Table of Contents
Homeowners in the Franklin, IN area have plenty of options for local plumbers… so what’s the best way to narrow the list down? Join us as we explore some of the most important criteria for selecting a trustworthy plumber. And, stick around for our list of the top 10 plumbers in Franklin.
Finding Local Plumbers: Where to Start?
Generally speaking, there are a few steps that can help you identify local plumbers of skill and integrity. Here’s what to do.
- Start by asking around. Chances are, you have friends, neighbors, or co-workers who have found it necessary to hire a local plumbing company. Ask them who they used, what kind of experience they had, and whether they would ultimately recommend the service in question. Personal recommendations can be really useful for identifying reputable home service professionals.
- Spend a few minutes on Google. Whether or not you get a personal recommendation, you should also take the time to Google around. Mostly, we recommend paying attention to customer reviews, which can go a long way toward showing you the typical level of homeowner satisfaction that a particular service provider can offer.
- Make a few calls. Rather than hiring the very first provider you can find, it is a good idea to call two to four different businesses to request a quote. Ask if they give free estimates, what their turnaround time is, and more. Also make sure you specify your home plumbing project to ensure the business in question can handle it.
- Pay attention to customer service. Compare quotes and estimates from each plumbing business you call, but also take into account customer service. You deserve to work with a service provider who will treat you with kindness and respect. If you don’t like the way you are treated, or simply get a bad vibe, then by all means continue your search elsewhere.
What to Look for in Franklin Plumbing Services
As you do your research and vet different services, there are a few things you should be looking for. Here’s a quick list.
- Look for evidence that the technicians are licensed. You really don’t want to hire a company that does not have a valid, up-to-date license. That license attests to a high level of training and expertise, and it also means that you have legal recourse if the plumbing business tries to treat you unfairly. Ideally, you can find a business that lists its license number right there at the top of their website.
- Seek a business that will be transparent about pricing. Nobody likes hiring a home service technician only to find themselves buried in surprise costs or “hidden” fees. Find someone who will be clear and upfront with you about the pricing of their services. And, if you find a plumbing company rep who won’t speak candidly about financial matters, keep looking.
- Breadth of services. Do you need someone to clean out your drain? Install water softeners? Repair water heaters that are malfunctioning? Be sure the team you choose can handle all of your home plumbing needs.
- Emergency response options. Sometimes, you may have an issue arise on the weekend or during evening hours… and it may not be able to wait until a more convenient time. As such, you may need to inquire as to whether emergency services are available, and how much you will be charged for those emergency services.
- Reputation in the community. All else being equal, we tend to prefer businesses that are locally owned and operated, and that are well-thought-of within the community. Customer reviews can be helpful here, but so can things like membership with the BBB.
Again, these are just some of the factors that you may wish to consider as you look for the best home services companies in the Franklin area.
Our Criteria: How We Chose the Best Franklin Plumbing Companies
In just a moment, we’ll outline our picks for the best plumbing companies in Franklin, and really in the broader Indianapolis area. Before we get to the list, however, we want to share some of the criteria we used for assembling our list. We based our picks on the following:
- We only selected companies that have a valid and up-to-date license.
- We took into account the total number of online reviews, and only included companies whose average rating is 3.0 or higher.
- We selected companies with BBB accreditation.
- We tried to find companies with membership in the local Chamber of Commerce.
- We took into account any special awards, including awards for customer service.
- We took into account the number of years in the business.
- We only honored companies that, to the best of our knowledge, do not have any code violations or lawsuits pending.
In short, we’ve chosen companies with proven track records and sterling reputations. With that said, here are our picks for the Franklin area’s best plumbers.
The Top 10 Plumbing Companies in Franklin, Indiana
1) Carter's My Plumber
All else being equal, we consider Carter’s My Plumber to be one the foremost of all plumbers in Franklin, Indiana. We recommend them because they are a family business, currently represented by multiple generations of skilled plumbers. We put a lot of stock in their depth of experience; they have been providing their services to the Franklin area since the 1960s, and are still going strong. Locals love Carter’s My Plumber for the family feel, the commitment to the community, and the proven track record of reliability.
We could also highlight their transparent pricing, their quick turnaround times, and their extensive list of services. They offer competitive pricing and a dependable emergency service. Most of all, though, we love that they are so well-regarded in the area; just check out their amazing trove of rave reviews from Franklin home- and business owners. To learn more about Carter’s My Plumber, and to see a full list of their services, we encourage you to visit their website.
2) Johnson Heating Cooling Plumbing
If you’re looking for services that extend beyond pipes and drain cleaning, you might want to check out Johnson Heating Cooling Plumbing. Basically, this is a full-service home maintenance company, highly regarded throughout the broader Indianapolis area for their dependability. They have availability day or night, and their portfolio of five-star reviews attests to a really tremendous customer experience. To learn more about the services offered by Johnson Heating Cooling Plumbing, head over to their website.
3) KJ Plumbing
With a great reputation in Franklin as well as in Indianapolis, KJ Plumbing is a company you should have on your radar. They are family-owned and operated, which is something we love. Also note that they furnish free estimates, and promise that they can beat any competitor’s estimate. Plus, they offer emergency services without charging any extra fees. These are just a few of the reasons why we really like the KJ team. To learn more about their services, review their website.
4) Kellie Plumbing
If you are looking for plumbers with a truly impressive track record, you could certainly do worse than Kellie Plumbing. This local team has been serving Franklin and the surrounding area since 1954! They also guarantee some of the best prices in town, and they leverage advanced technology to ensure that their work is clean, precise, and efficient. They offer upfront pricing, and can even supply their services with a Spanish-language communicator. Review their website to learn more about what sets Kellie Plumbing apart.
5) Earl Gray & Sons Plumbing
Well-known to most residents of Franklin, this business has been delivering dependable service for more than six decades now. They can handle anything, from water heater repair to preventative maintenance. They are known for having friendly and professional customer service, but also for offering a range of flexible financing options, as needed. Plus, you can reach them any time you need a rapid response; their emergency line is always open! Read a review or two and you’ll find that team Gray is really beloved among their customers. To learn more about the services they provide, just head over to their website and give it a quick review.
6) First Response Plumbing
There are a bunch of reasons why we need to include First Response on our list. For one thing, their services extend throughout the Central Indiana area, meaning we can recommend them pretty broadly. It’s also worth noting that they guarantee customer satisfaction, that they give free estimates for all of their services, and that they can do same-day scheduling. For their flexibility, their affordability, and most of all their integrity, First Response is a popular choice among Franklin homeowners. Review their website to find out more about the services these licensed plumbers can provide.
7) Winters Plumbing
Winters Plumbing is another business that supplies a range of services to homeowners throughout the Franklin area. They’re known for being reliable, punctual, and professional, and for individualizing all of their services to meet the homeowner’s needs. They also offer a satisfaction guarantee… and, based on the tone of their reviews, it seems like they deliver. These plumbers have earned the trust of homeowners throughout the Franklin community, and if you want to learn more, your best bet is to review their website. Learn more about Winters Plumbing today.
8) Estes Full Service Plumbing
Next on our list of home services in Franklin, Indiana is Estes Full Service Plumbing, still another great example of a family-owned company with deep roots in the community. In fact, team Estes has been offering their services to Franklin and Indianapolis-area homeowners for more than 20 years, earning a reputation for quality workmanship and dependability. A couple of additional notes: Estes Full Service Plumbing does furnish free on-site estimates, and they are especially qualified in assistance with drain cleaning. To find out more about the services they offer, and about the various ways in which they can help you tackle any plumbing issue, check out the Estes Full Service website today.
9) Indiana Leak Detection
You can probably guess what this company specializes in, simply based on their name. If you have any mystery leaks in your home, or want to know why your water bill is suddenly so high, you may wish to consult with the investigative team at Indiana Leak Detection. They proudly serve Franklin and Indianapolis with myriad plumbing services, and they can respond to sudden or long-running leaks with a real sense of urgency. They have shown great success in helping local homeowners get their leaks under control, earning them a place on our list of the top Franklin plumbing companies. Find out more about them by checking out their website.
10) JTB Contractors
Last on our list is JTB Contractors, a local business that offers services in plumbing but also heating, cooling, and beyond. They have been active in the Franklin area for a good long while now, and their sheer range of services makes them worth considering. Definitely keep these plumbers in mind the next time you need help with a project at home or at your place of business. Review their website to get a better sense of what these Franklin plumbers can do.
Frequently Asked Questions About Choosing a Plumber in Franklin, Indiana
We hope the top 10 list is helpful to you as you look for home service providers who can assist you with your needs in Franklin or in Indianapolis. Next, let’s address just a few of the most common questions that homeowners have as they look for the best pipe professionals in their area.
Q: What’s so bad about choosing a plumber who does not have a valid license?
There are a couple of reasons why it may be a bad idea to hire someone who does not have an up-to-date license. The first is that you simply have no way of knowing what level of training or experience they have. A license attests to a certain level of professional rigor, and without it, it may be hard to assess the merits of any particular tradesman. Additionally, when you hire an unlicensed plumber, you have little or no legal recourse should anything go wrong, or should you feel like the person you hired is ripping you off.
Q: Is there a directory I can use to locate licensed professionals in Franklin, Indianapolis, or the surrounding area?
You bet! If you’re looking to hire someone with a valid plumber’s license in the State of Indiana, we’d encourage you to check out our directory.
Q: I’m a plumber, and want to make sure customers know that I have a valid license. How can I go about doing so?
We invite you to learn more about “getting the marks” and showing off your professional credentials. This can be a great way to generate new business for your home service team!
Q: How much should I expect to pay for an estimate? For emergency services?
Both answers just depend on the person you hire. Some companies will charge a fee for an estimate, and some won’t. Likewise, some companies have emergency charges, and some don’t. The best way to find out is simply to ask when you call about having a technician sent your way.
Get the Right Franklin Plumber for the Job
Whether you live in Franklin, Indianapolis, or elsewhere, finding the right trade service team is essential. To ensure satisfaction, we encourage you to really do your due diligence, using our tips to guide you.