Eventually, every homeowner runs into a plumbing problem that they can’t address on their own. Maybe it’s something serious, calling for full sewer line repair. Maybe it’s the desire to have a tankless water heater installed. Maybe it’s a dangerous gas leak, or simply a drain that’s badly clogged. Whatever the issue, it’s important to find a professional plumber who can address it expediently, performing quality work for a reasonable rate.
Table of Contents
With so many plumbers to choose from, however, how do you decide which plumber represents the best value? This is a familiar conundrum for homeowners everywhere, including in Perry Township, Indiana. Read on as we provide comprehensive tips for selecting the best local plumbing company, as well as our picks for the 10 best plumbers serving Perry Township.
What's the Best Way to Find a Plumbing Company?
In order to identify the best local plumber, there are a few tips you’ll want to follow.
- Ask around for a personal recommendation. Your first step should always be checking in with friends, neighbors, and co-workers who live in Perry Township. Simply ask if they have had any plumbing work done recently, and if so, which company they used. Did they have a good experience? Was the quality of work good? Was the plumber respectful and polite? Were the rates reasonable? Would they ultimately recommend the experience, or not?
- Read online reviews. Whether you get a personal recommendation or come up short, your next step should be hopping onto Google for some online research. Specifically, pay attention to reviews and ratings, which aren’t necessarily infallible, but certainly have much to reveal. If a company has perpetually bad customer service, or if their prices are outrageously high, chances are that will show up in their Google reviews.
- Get multiple quotes. If you have an emergency issue, such as gas leaks, then you may not have the luxury of calling around for quotes. If you can, though, getting three to five quotes can help you assess a baseline cost, and also size up which companies offer the friendliest services and the fastest response time.
- Check licensing information. When you talk with a plumbing repair company, be sure you ask about their license status. They should be ready to give you a license number, and if they seem reluctant, that’s reason enough to hang up the phone and consider other options. It’s a very bad idea to work with an unlicensed trade service professional, and anyone who takes the time to get licensed should be ready to show it off.
These are our general guidelines for locating recommended plumbing services in your community.
Why Does Licensing Matter So Much?
You may wonder why it’s such a big deal to find a plumbing professional with a valid license. There are really two main reasons why we recommend working with fully licensed plumbing pros.
The first reason is that a license signifies many hours of training and experience. In other words, it’s an assurance that the plumbing professional in question has the skill needed to handle your water line repair of water heater installation in a safe and expedient way.
Additionally, licensed plumbers who make big mistakes, or who treat you dishonestly, can be reported to the licensing board. If you hire an unlicensed person, however, then you won’t have that recourse available to you. If your home plumbing project ends in a dispute, your options will be exceedingly narrow.
What Makes a Good Plumbing Company?
As you seek recommendations, do independent research, and compare quotes, there are a few specific attributes you might seek.
- Range of services. First things first: Not all plumbing professionals have the same list of services. Do you need a whole house water filter installed? Well, some companies will have real expertise in this area, and others might not. Same with sump pumps. Same with tankless water heaters. Same with gas line maintenance. The list goes on and on.
- Pricing transparency. Also make sure you look for a company that is clear and upfront in their pricing info. Be wary of plumbing company representatives who beat around the bush, or who cannot commit to an honest rate without any surprise fees or hidden costs.
- Easy-to-obtain licensing information. Ideally, you’ll be able to find a plumbing professional who displays their license number on their website, making it easy for you to make note of it. If not, at least be sure that you are given up-to-date licensing and insurance information when asked. Again, you should be cautious about companies that won’t furnish you with this information when you request it.
- Customer service. You deserve to work with a home service professional who will treat you and your home with respect. If you dislike the kind of customer service you’re shown on the phone, that’s ample reason to continue your search.
- Emergency availability. If you’re looking for a plumbing business that will help you out with after-hours service, then make sure you ask about emergency availability, as well as evening, weekend, and holiday rates.
These are just a few of the traits you’ll want to look for as you seek experienced professionals to assist with your home plumbing project.
How We Chose the Top Plumbing Businesses in Perry Township, IN
We’re about ready to share our picks for the 10 best plumbing businesses in the Perry Township, Indiana region. Before we get into the list, however, we wanted to outline our criteria. We made our list based on the following factors:
- We have only included plumbing businesses that hold valid licenses in Indiana.
- We have assessed each business based on the total number of online reviews they hold; we have also made sure to only include plumbing businesses with a 3.0 or higher on Google and on Yelp.
- We’ve sought companies that are accredited with the local Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- We’ve tried to honor businesses that are members of the local Chamber.
- We’ve taken into account special awards granted.
- We have also weighed experience, specifically number of years in business.
- We have not included companies with known code violations attached to their license, nor companies with active lawsuits against them.
- In general, we have selected companies that are in good standing with the local community.
With these criteria in mind, we are now ready to reveal our picks for the top 10 plumbing businesses serving Perry Township, Indiana.
Top 10 Plumbing Providers in Perry Township, Indiana
1) Carter's My Plumber
We’re placing Carter’s My Plumber at the top of our list for a number of reasons. To begin with, we’ll note that these experienced professionals have been supplying maintenance, repair, installation, and drain cleaning services since 1969; they are truly a fixture of the Perry Township business community. And, they are a real family business. Multiple generations of the Carter family currently serve as plumbers in Indianapolis area.
Additionally, we’ll note that they have an extraordinary portfolio of rave reviews. It’s clear that they impress customers, not just through their workmanship but through their friendly services, their promptness, and their transparent pricing.
Some additional notes:
- They provide a lot of online coupons and other discounts that make their services more accessible.
- They offer prompt turnaround, including same-day appointments.
- They are available on a 24/7 emergency basis.
- They offer expertise in everything from gas line repair to the installation of tankless water heater units.
They’re really the best option in the Perry Township area, but don’t just take our word for it. Visit their website to learn more about what sets this great local Perry Township, Indiana plumbing business apart.
2) Petree Plumbing
Speaking of family businesses, the next company on our list is Petree Plumbing, which now boasts the plumbing expertise of multiple generations of Petrees. For close to three decades, Petree Plumbing has been a trusted service provider in the Perry Township area… and today, they not only have an armload of rave reviews, but they also have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
A few things we like about Petree Plumbing:
- They perform licensed backflow inspections.
- They have a lot of expertise with sewer and main line issues.
- They are a small, family-owned company that’s built a name solely on the basis of friendly service and high quality work.
This is definitely a business to keep in mind as you look for qualified plumbing assistance, including drain cleaning, sewer inspection, and other repairs. Contact them via their website to find out more.
3) Weilhammer Plumbing Co
Serving the greater Indianapolis area, Weilhammer Plumbing is a good recommendation for those who live in Perry Township. The business has been around since 1901, and in that time they have developed a stalwart reputation. Some selling points include:
- They remain a proudly family-owned and operated plumbing business.
- They provide compelling warranties and satisfaction guarantees.
- Their license number is posted right at the top of their website.
- They can help with anything from water heater repairs to water softeners.
Keep Weilhammer in mind for any of your home plumbing repair needs. To learn more, contact them via their business website.
4) Plumb On
This is a slightly newer company; they’ve only been around since 2019, and because of that, we’re placing them slightly lower on our list. With that said, Plumb On has quickly developed a reputation for excellence. They serve the Indianapolis area, including Perry Township, with repairs, installations, drain cleanings, and more. Some quick notes about Plumb On:
- They have special expertise with water heater maintenance, water softeners, and home remodeling jobs.
- They also have ample expertise in commercial services.
- They are a family-owned and operated business.
To learn more about this new but very promising business, check out their website.
5) Kellie Plumbing
Whether you need someone to install a toilet or repair your water heater, Kellie Plumbing is up to the task. Some bullet points about this local business:
- They’ve been around since 1954, making them one of the most veteran plumbing businesses on our list.
- They use industry-leading technology to ensure optimal results.
- They emphasize their upfront, transparent pricing.
Kellie Plumbing is a local powerhouse, and a business we’re happy to recommend. Contact them to learn more about their repair services; get the details on their business website.
6) Plumb Doctor
Plumb Doctor is another great business that serves the broader Indianapolis community, including Perry Township. Here’s what you need to know about their plumbing service options:
- They provide emergency services on a 24/7 basis.
- They offer some great online coupons and discounts to ensure their services are as accessible as can be.
- They can assist with everything from water supply issues to toilet installations to water heater upkeep.
We’re happy to recommend Plumb Doctor to anyone who needs a good, dependable plumbing company in the Perry Township community. Contact them today by checking out their website.
7) Monroe Plumbing Services
We’re also thrilled to include Monroe Plumbing Services on our list. Though located in Mooresville, IN, they are more than happy to work with homeowners who live in Perry Township. They are especially well-known for their affordable rates and their upfront prices; they pledge to always avoid any hidden fees or surprise costs.
A few additional points to consider:
- They can help with leak detection, and they also specialize in sewer line services.
- They provide plenty of upfront information about their licensing and insurance.
We are happy to recommend this business for a full range of plumbing, sewer, and drain repair needs. To learn more about them, or to contact them directly, we suggest heading over to their website.
8) Johnson Heating, Cooling, Plumbing
This is a business that truly does it all, from gas line repair to HVAC to drain cleaning… and of course, basic plumbing work, too. Some quick facts about Johnson:
- They display a range of coupons and discount codes on their website.
- They have a large number of reviews that testify to their promptness and their superior customer service.
- They also offer reliable 24/7 emergency availability.
To find out more about what they do, or to learn how you can contact them, head over to the Johnson Heating, Cooling, Plumbing site at your next opportunity.
9) Grateful Plumber
Another local company that can assist with a full range of sewer, toilet, water heater, and gas line needs: Grateful Plumber. Here’s why we recommend them:
- They can help with a full range of commercial, residential, and drain cleaning needs.
- They offer a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee.
- They have won a ton of local awards, all of which you can see on their website.
This is a highly-regarded business in the Perry Township community, and definitely worth having on your radar. You can visit their website to find out more about them, or contact them the next time you need help.
10) Best Indy Plumber
Last on our list is Best Indy Plumber, which proudly supplies plumbing expertise throughout the region. Even though we’re placing them at the bottom, they still have much to recommend them. A few points:
- They furnish free quotes for their services; contact them any time you want to learn more.
- They have expertise in hydro jetting, sewer line repairs, and other common plumbing projects.
- They offer 24/7 emergency availability.
To find out more about this great local company, we invite you to simply check out their website.
Final Tips for Selecting Your Plumbing Provider
We’ve covered a lot of information here, and it’s only natural to feel a little overwhelmed. To further guide you on your path toward selecting the right plumbing company, here are some final summaries and tips.
- Whenever possible, start with a personal recommendation from someone you know.
- If you’re able to, contact a handful of plumbing businesses to try to get multiple quotes.
- Always ask about pricing, including free estimates, upfront.
- Be mindful of customer service; don’t do business with a plumbing company that treats you poorly!
- Remember that getting a professional with a valid plumbing license is absolutely vital!
- If you hire a licensed plumber and feel like they have not dealt honestly with you, don’t hesitate to report them to the licensing board.
- If you find a plumbing business that you do like, be sure to help others find them, too. Recommend them to friends, and review them on Google, Facebook, or Yelp.
Getting the Marks
To conclude, we want to address a couple of common questions we hear about licensing.
The first question: Is there anywhere homeowners can look for a comprehensive list, or database, of licensed plumbing companies in their area? The short answer is yes. If you live in Indiana and want to make sure you hire someone with a plumbing license, you can always explore our directory.
The second question is related to the first one: For those who own a plumbing company, or who hold a valid plumbing license, what’s the best way to get listed in such a directory? Our answer here is to learn more about “getting the marks,” which is one of the very best ways to make it clear to the world that you are fully licensed and certified as a plumbing professional. Contact us directly if you have any questions about getting the marks.
Find the Right Plumbing Company in Perry Township, IN
Home plumbing problems are never fun. Sooner or later, though, all homeowners run into issues that they just can’t address on their own. If that’s you, and if you live in Perry Township, then we invite you to take a moment to consider the range of options available to you. Use the tips and the list we’ve offered here to choose the best local plumbing business.