As any homeowners can surely attest, plumbing issues tend to arise when you least expect them. Water heaters break. Pipes rupture. Faucets leak. Toilets stop working the way they are supposed to. Drains get clogged with gunk.
Table of Contents
Sometimes, you may be able to work out some of these issues on your own. More often than not, however, you’ll need to enlist the services of a professional plumbing and drain cleaning service. And much of the time, deciding which plumber to call is a bit of a chore in and of itself.
Residents of Greenwood Indiana have access to countless outstanding plumbers… but don’t assume they’re all created equal. You may need to do a little due diligence in order to find the plumber who will offer you the highest quality of service, the fastest response time, the most gracious customer service, and the fairest pricing.
In this article, we’ll give some tips on selecting the best local plumbing services. And, we’ll recommend some of our picks for the top plumbers in Greenwood and the surrounding area.
If you’re local to Greenwood you might also want to check one of the best storage units in Greenwood Indiana. Greenwood Storage Place offers self storage units, climate controlling, digital security, RV storage and 24-hour access. Make sure to check them out. Now let’s get back to our main article.
What to Look for In a Plumber
Let’s start by outlining some basic criteria. As you seek the best plumbing services in Greenwood Indiana, exactly what should you be looking for?
- Emergency availability. Some plumbing problems can wait a few days without any harm done. But if your water heater goes out or you have flooding, you may want to have it resolved ASAP. Always check for plumbing companies that can provide emergency services. And, ask about any extra expenses for coming out on evenings or weekends.
- Loyalty programs. Some plumbing companies will offer membership plans, which can not only help you stay on top of your routine plumbing maintenance but may also give you discounted rates, priority appointments, waived emergency fees, etc. It never hurts to call and ask about such programs up-front.
- Range of services. What kind of plumbing repair services do you need, exactly? Fixture installations? Drain cleaning? Water heater repair? Don’t assume that a plumbing company can do it all. Inquire about the specific range of residential and commercial plumbing services they can perform.
- Pricing transparency. Before you hire a plumbing company in Greenwood Indiana, it’s always best to request an estimate for your project. You should always seek companies that are clear and direct in communicating pricing information. If the sales rep beats around the bush or won’t give you a straight answer, that should be a red flag! Always hire a business willing to answer you about the price of your job, and to address everything else you need to know before hiring their drain clearing team.
- Customer service. There’s no reason why you should settle for a plumbing company that is unable to provide you with a respectful and polite customer service experience. If you don’t like the way the business owner or sales rep treats you on the phone, that’s reason enough to seek help elsewhere.
- Reputation in Greenwood. Finally, we would always recommend looking for a plumbing company that is held in high esteem among Greenwood homeowners and business owners. Look for things like BBB accreditation, membership in local professional organizations, etc.
These are just a few of the things that should be on your “wish list” as you search for plumbers in Greenwood Indiana and beyond. Use these tips to assess different businesses to tackle your next job.
Additional Tips for Hiring Plumbers
Next, here are some additional tips and guidelines for hiring a Greenwood Indiana plumbing company.
- Talk to your friends, neighbors, and co-workers. Personal recommendations tend to go a long way. Ask the people in your community if they have hired plumbers for any recent projects, such as a water heater installation or some other kind of job. How did they enjoy their experience? Were they satisfied with the quality of work? With the price? Would they ultimately recommend that plumbing crew for your project?
- Read online reviews. Most plumbing services will have plenty of online reviews. Check platforms such as Facebook and Google, and potentially also Yelp or Angie’s List, to see what past customers are saying. Now, you should always take individual reviews with a grain of salt; a negative reviewer may simply be having a bad day, through no fault of the plumber. But if you see a company getting consistent five-star raves (or, consistent one-star pans), that’s a meaningful data point for you.
- Ask about free estimates. We won’t belabor the point, but again, you’re always going to want to work with plumbing services that offer full pricing transparency. You can learn a lot about a plumber’s pricing structure and customer service skills by asking about free estimates!
- Compare different plumbing repair companies. Again, you may have a real emergency on your hands, and that’s one thing. But if you have the benefit of some time, why not call two or three different plumbers to compare quotes and assess their availability? Do plenty of due diligence whenever you can.
- Be mindful of service skills. Again, you don’t have to work with any plumber who doesn’t know how to communicate clearly and respectfully. If you call the phone number and don’t like the service you receive, don’t hesitate to continue the search elsewhere.
Follow these tips as you seek to make the best, most well-informed decision about local plumbers.
How We Ranked the Top Greenwood Plumbers
In just a moment, we’re going to share our picks for the top 10 plumbing companies in the Greenwood area. First, though, here are some of the criteria we used for making this assessment.
- Licensing. We think it’s crucially important for plumbers to have a valid, up-to-date license. This helps you to know that they have been trained and vetted. And, if they don’t do a good job, you can complain to the licensing board! We have made sure to only celebrate plumbing companies with valid licenses. Bonus points for plumbers who make their license number easily findable on their business website.
- Number and quality of reviews. We have only included companies that have a decent number of reviews on Google and Yelp. And, all the companies on our list have an average score of 3.0 or higher.
- Better Business Bureau Accreditation. Again, we think BBB accreditation is a good omen. We’ve prioritized Greenwood plumbers who hold this important distinction.
- Other community recognition. Our rankings also take into account membership in the local Chamber of Commerce, local awards that have been granted, and general reputation within the community.
- Experience. Another important ranking factor? Total number of years in business. We’ve tried to emphasize experience wherever possible.
- No problems. Finally, our rankings reflect local plumbers who do not have any active lawsuits against them (as best we can tell), and no code violations attached to their license.
With all of that outlined, we’re now ready to share our picks for the 10 best plumbing companies in Greenwood.
Our Picks: The Top 10 Plumbing Companies in Greenwood Indiana
1) Carter's My Plumber
When it comes to best plumbers in Greenwood IN, Carter’s My Plumber is the natural choice. We are pleased to make them our highest recommendation, based on their expertise, their family-owned and operated history, and their reputation in the Greenwood community.
Let’s start with the backstory. The Carter family began serving homeowners and business owners in Greenwood (and in Indianapolis) back in the late 1960s. They quickly became one of the most respected plumbing companies in all of Indiana. Today, it remains a family business, proudly locally owned and operated. There are three generations of Carters currently serving as plumbers!
So they have been a family business since the very beginning, they have a reputation for excellence, and they have deep roots in the Greenwood and Indianapolis communities. What else do you need to know about Carter’s My Plumber? Consider a few quick bullet points:
- They are known for providing full pricing transparency; they’ll tell you how much your plumbing project is going to cost right at the outset, and they won’t spring any surprise fees or hidden costs on you.
- They can handle any plumbing issues that you’re dealing with, from water heater repair to drain cleaning in Greenwood Indiana area. They even furnish services like hydro jetting and gas line repair.
- Carter’s My Plumber is a fully licensed company; in fact, you can see their license number displayed right there on the front of their website.
- Carter’s My Plumber is also known for quick turnaround times. Give them a call about your plumbing project and they will usually be ready to bring their services within the day.
- Finally, note that the Carter team currently boasts more than 800 online reviews… and their average rating is close to perfect. That says a lot about the friendliness, quality, and punctuality of their services.
There are countless reasons why we are delighted to recommend Carter’s My Plumber as one of the top teams of Indiana plumbing professionals. To learn more or to request service for your water heaters of other project, check out the company website.
2) Winters Plumbing
Second on our list is Winters Plumbing, a company that provides high-quality services in Indianapolis, Greenwood, and throughout central Indiana.
There are a number of things we love about Winters Plumbing:
- They are a family-owned and operated company. Not only does this mean they have deep roots in the Greenwood community, but they are also about that “personal touch” that customers love.
- They give all clients a full consultation, letting them know about the individualized solutions that are available for their plumbing problems.
- Winters Plumbing employs a number of cost-saving measures, helping to make their services as affordable as possible for their clients.
- They don’t have quite as many online reviews as Carter’s My Plumber but they do have a bunch, and the average rating is close to perfect (4.9 out of 5 at Google).
- Along the same lines, Winters Plumbing promises 100 percent satisfaction for all clients… and we definitely think you’ll be pleased when you hire them to fix your water heater or help with any other plumbing need.
To request more information about Winters Plumbing, or to get their phone number to set up an appointment, we invite you to check out their website.
3) Hoosier Drain Cleaners, LLC
If you’re looking for a local plumbing company that can help you clear out your drains, the folks at Hoosier Drain Cleaners are worth considering. Their services are available in Greenwood and throughout the central Indiana community. Some benefits to choosing Hoosier Drain Cleaners include:
- They will clean any drain at any time and charge one flat rate. When it comes to transparent pricing, this company really sets a high bar.
- Additionally, they have some generous discounts for military members and veterans; for senior citizens; and for first-time customers.
- They pledge total satisfaction for all customers in Indianapolis, Greenwood, and the surrounding areas.
- Their portfolio of Google reviews is very impressive, attesting to a high level of customer service.
Note: This isn’t the company you’d call for general plumbing needs. Make sure you seek a full-service, licensed plumber for that. But if you just need drain lines cleared out, the Hoosier team is outstanding. And also be aware that they offer 24/7 availability!
There are plenty of reasons to support this first-rate local business. To find out more about their services or to inquire about free estimates, head over to their website. Also consider calling their phone number to learn more about the service range they offer. They will be happy to answer any questions about toilet repair, sump pump work, etc.
4) Plumb Doctor
Midwest Plumbing showcases a comprehensive suite of drain cleaning services to homeowners in central Indiana, including in Greenwood. A few reasons to keep Plumb Doctor on your radar:
- They deliver 24-hour services, including holiday hours and same-day availability.
- They boast affordable pricing and excellent customer service.
- They can handle pretty much any project, no matter how big or how small.
- They ensure a high standard of customer satisfaction for all of their home services.
There’s a lot to appreciate about the Plumb Doctor team. To speak with a plumber from this company, or to ask about their availability for your project, check out their website today.
5) Johnson Heating, Cooling, Plumbing
Much like Carter’s My Plumber, Johnson Heating, Cooling, Plumbing is a family-owned company with a long track record and a sterling reputation in the Greenwood area. There’s a lot that we appreciate about this home services provider, starting with…
- They have been around since 1968, earning the trust of homeowners and business owners throughout their service area.
- You can arrange a service call not only to assist with your plumbing needs, but also with any HVAC concerns.
- They offer competitive pricing and exemplary customer satisfaction.
- If you have questions about your project, you can request information and talk to a live representative 24/7.
Johnson doesn’t have quite the online review portfolio of some of their competitors, but they are still a stellar company whose services we readily recommend. To speak with a plumber from the Johnson team, contact their local home services line today.
We have one major caveat about Roto-Rooter, which is that this is a nationwide company as opposed to a local Indianapolis institution. We generally prefer to highlight companies that have more local roots, particularly family-owned companies that can create a more intimate, personal feel.
But if you don’t mind hiring a larger franchise, Roto-Rooter certainly has a lot to recommend it. Some quick points about the Greenwood branch of Roto-Rooter:
- The service has been around since 1935, a tenure that’s pretty close to unprecedented in the industry.
- They demonstrate 24/7 availability, making them a great team of professionals to call if you ever have an emergency issue arise.
- They give free estimates, as well as flexible financing options for those who request them.
- They can handle pretty much any plumbing issues that might arise, including water heater installation, leak detection and repair, pipe restoration, water damage, and beyond. Their expertise is truly phenomenal.
Ready to find out more about the services offered by Roto-Rooter? You can visit their website or call their phone number to request a plumber be sent your way. Connect with Roto-Rooter Greenwood today.
7) Full Scale Plumbing, Inc.
Next on our list is Full Scale Plumbing, Inc., a company that serves homeowners and business owners throughout Johnson County and the surrounding area. We are thrilled to include them on our list for a number of reasons:
- The company provides free estimates for each service they offer.
- They also offer a lot of generous discounts and savings opportunities.
- They can handle anything from clogged drains to full bathroom remodels.
- They also have a really fantastic reputation for customer satisfaction and service.
Ready to talk with a licensed plumber from Full Scale Plumbing, Inc? We recommend contacting them today to inquire about free estimates or to get more information about an upcoming project. Check out their website to get a phone number and other key information.
8) Indy Jones Plumbing
We are also happy to include Indy Jones Plumbing on our list. This is a local favorite, well-known throughout the Greenwood, Indiana community. There are several things we like about Indy Jones:
- They are fully licensed and insured, and include full license information on their website.
- They are a highly experienced company, with two decades of experience delivering pipe repair, water heater repair, assistance with water filters, and other services. Indy can truly work on any job and address any plumbing needs.
- Indy Jones supplies residential and commercial services, including in construction.
- They also display full pricing information on their website, making it easy to know roughly how much your project is going to cost you.
We love Indy Jones and are happy to recommend this seasoned Greenwood plumber. To learn more about their services, check out their website today.
9) Peterman Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing, Inc.
When you hire the Peterman team, you can get a licensed plumber or an experienced HVAC service professional. In other words, this is a great business to call for almost any home maintenance or plumbing issue. Here are a few additional points about Peterman:
- They regularly offer a lot of great coupons, discounts, and other opportunities to save. Peterman does an admirable job of keeping their services very accessible.
- The company has a long track record serving in central Indiana; they have been around since 1986.
- They maintain an A+ rating from the BBB.
- They can provide a full range of services, including not just water heater maintenance but also services for your air conditioning, furnace, bathroom remodel, garbage disposals, etc.
- They furnish 24/7 emergency maintenance and free estimates.
This is definitely a service provider to keep in mind for your next plumbing, heating, or cooling need. Reach out via phone number or website to learn more about Peterman.
10) P&K Plumbing Solutions
Last on our list is P&K Plumbing Solutions. They proudly serve the Greenwood community and can assist with most any plumbing project. A few reasons to keep them on your radar:
- They have an excellent portfolio of online reviews, bearing witness to high standards of quality, service, and punctuality.
- They are available to supply emergency services on a 24/7 basis.
- They have an outstanding reputation for workmanship and reliability.
Don’t overlook P&K Plumbing Solutions for your next water heater repair project. To find out more about them, we recommend calling their phone number or viewing more information via Google.
These aren’t the only vendors serving in Greenwood, but they are 10 of the very best. We are happy to recommend any and all of them; again, compare quotes from a couple of companies, do some due diligence, and determine which one you feel most comfortable hiring for your next project.
FAQ About Hiring a Greenwood Plumber
Still have some questions about finding the most qualified plumbing professionals in the Greenwood area? Here are a few quick answers to some commonly asked questions.
Q: How do I know if a plumbing business is licensed?
Often, you can tell that the plumber has a valid license just by viewing their website. If you don’t see a license number posted, you’re welcome to just call and ask. Be highly skeptical of any plumber who seems unwilling to provide you with a license number. And if you really want to go above and beyond to ensure the plumber’s credentials, you can always check their license number with the local plumbing board.
Q: How long will my water heater last me?
Often, the reason why people need to call plumbers is that their water heater is on the fritz, requiring either replacement or repair. A common inquiry: How long should a water heater last? It can depend on how much the unit is used, as well as whether it’s a tankless or conventional model. With that said, you can generally anticipate your water heater lasting you between 10 and 15 years, sometimes a little bit longer.
Q: What kind of financing options will I have when I hire a local plumber?
Not all plumbers will let you finance a big project, but many of them will. This is something you’ll typically want to ask about upfront. Good plumbers will let you split your payments over multiple months, potentially with little or no interest. Don’t hesitate to ask about this service.
Q: What happens if I hire a licensed plumber and they don’t do what they say they will?
We would always recommend trying to work out your disagreement with the plumber, but if that doesn’t work, you can file a complaint with the licensing board. If you hire an unlicensed plumber then you will have no real recourse, which is one of the main reasons why it matters so much to seek a fully licensed service.
Q: Is there a directory where I can find more information about licensed plumbers in Greenwood?
Absolutely! Check out our full directory to find some examples of licensed plumbers, including plumbers Greenwood can trust. This is a great place to turn as you seek a plumbing contractor or business to assist with your drain cleaning, plumbing repairs, or other needs.
Q: How can licensed plumbers demonstrate their credentials?
It can be really smart for local plumbing companies to advertise their licensure. One way you can display your credentials is by “getting the marks,” proving that you have a legit business with the expertise needed to tackle all manner of repairs and needs. The “marks” also speak to your response rate, work ethic, and reputation in the home plumbing industry. Learn more by visiting our website, or make a call to the local plumbing board to ask about the best businesses to handle an upcoming job or projects.
Find Out More About Hiring Plumbing Professionals in the Greenwood Community
Sooner or later, all Indiana homeowners require the service of a professional plumbing team. Whether you need someone to install a water heater or repair a leaky pipe, make sure you do your due diligence. We hope our list points you in the right direction, offering you everything you need to locate the right plumbing contractor for your next job or projects.