Plumbing issues tend to arise at the most inconvenient times. When you have a plumbing problem at your home or business, you’ll want to have the name of a good plumber handy, ensuring you can have the issue resolved as promptly as possible. The question is, how can you find the best plumber in your community?
Table of Contents
For those who live or work in Whiteland, Indiana, there are plenty of plumbing services to choose from. In this article, we’ll offer our picks for the best local companies, and also give some more general tips for picking the right trade service professionals to meet your needs.
How We Ranked the Top Plumbers in Whiteland
We reviewed data about dozens of local plumbers and narrowed down our recommendations to just 10. To determine which 10 plumbers to highlight, we used the following criteria:
- Total number of online reviews, including reviews on Google and Yelp
- Average review rating (we automatically discarded companies with anything less than a 3.0)
- Accreditation with the BBB
- Membership with the Chamber of Commerce or other local organizations
- Years of experience
- Valid license
- No lawsuits or complaints associated with the license number
Based on these ranking factors, we’ve determined the following companies to be the best options in Whiteland, Indiana.
Ranking the Best Plumbing Services in Whiteland, Indiana
1) Carter's My Plumber
As we thought about which company to put in the #1 slot, it seemed important to pick a business with deep roots in the community, and a generally good reputation among local homeowners. Carter’s My Plumber more than fits the bill.
Here are a few things you should know about Carter’s My Plumber:
- This company has been serving homeowners and business owners in the Whiteland area for decades now. Their track record is truly impeccable.
- This is a family owned business. In fact, there are currently four generations of Carter plumbers working in the family trade!
- In terms of online reviews, the Carter team is in an enviable position. They have a ton of reviews, and their average rating is just shy of a 5.0!
- The company holds a valid and up-to-date license. You can check their license number from their home page, where it is listed prominently.
- The business can assist with a wide range of home plumbing needs, but they are especially noteworthy for their experience with tankless water heaters.
- If you’re concerned about affordability, note that the Carter team has tons of coupons and discount codes on their website. Check for new specials regularly.
- The Carter team also has an emergency service, and they are generally able to dispatch plumbers pretty quickly.
The bottom line: As you seek a local plumbing company that offers comprehensive services for honest rates, all backed by a superlative local reputation, we definitely recommend the Carter family. Learn more about this first-rate Whiteland plumbing business today.
2) KJ Plumbing LLC
There are a lot of trusted, reliable plumbing companies that are based out of Indianapolis, but proudly serve homeowners who live in Whiteland. KJ Plumbing is a great example, and we consider them to be one of your best bets for an excellent Whiteland plumber.
What makes KJ Plumbing so recommendable? Here are just a few of their best features:
- They are a family owned and locally operated company with deep roots in Whiteland.
- They put a heavy emphasis on affordability, including free estimates and price matching.
- They have a 24/7 emergency line and do not charge any additional rates for their emergency services.
KJ Plumbing has cultivated a loyal customer base, and they’ve done it through honest rates and high-quality workmanship. They are definitely a local plumbing provider worth checking out. Visit their website to get more details.
3) Full Scale Plumbing
Full Scale Plumbing is a local business that can help you address most any plumbing issue that arises. Some fast facts about Full Scale Plumbing:
- They offer free estimates.
- They can provide a range of services, including maintenance for your toilet, water heater, and gas lines.
- They have some really good online reviews, attesting to their high-quality customer service.
As you look for a local plumbing and hot water heater repair company, Full Scale should be on your radar. Visit their website to learn more.
4) Summers Plumbing Heating & Cooling
Looking for a company that can help with your water heater and sump pump, but also repair your air conditioning system? Summers is a great all-around home service company, equally adept at plumbing and HVAC work.
Some of the main reasons we like Summers:
- They offer 24/7 plumbing and air conditioning services.
- They have more than 40 years in the plumbing and air conditioning repair fields.
- They service homeowners throughout a wide service area, including Whiteland.
There’s a lot to love about Summers, and if you need further convincing, just check out their incredible portfolio of reviews. Additionally, take a moment to explore the information on their website.
5) Johnson Heating, Cooling & Plumbing
Speaking of businesses that can help you with your water heater OR your air conditioning unit, take a look at Johnson Heating, Cooling & Plumbing. Fast facts:
- They offer 24/7 emergency services, and are known for their rapid response times.
- They are a family operated business with experience reaching back to 1968.
- Their excellent reviews speak to high standards of customer care.
- They can assist with a wide range of repair needs, ranging from sump pumps to HVAC system maintenance.
To learn more about this plumbing and air conditioning business, consult their website at any time.
6) Estes Plumbing, LLC
Estes Plumbing isn’t the company to call for air conditioning issues, but if you have a clogged drain or a water heater that won’t work, we definitely think Estes is worthy of consideration. Here’s why we like them:
- They have more than two decades of experience.
- They are a family business.
- They provide free on-site estimates.
- They are especially well-known for their thorough and professional drain cleaning services.
Ready to find out more? Visit the Estes Plumbing website right away.
7) Earl Gray & Sons Plumbing
Earl Gray & Sons is another local plumbing business with quite a bit of experience serving Whiteland homeowners. Here are a few things you should know about this company:
- Earl Gray & Sons has been around for more than 60 years, making them one of the most experienced teams in the area.
- They specialize in water heater maintenance and repair, as well as water softeners.
- They dispatch plumbers from multiple locations, and can generally respond to emergency needs very quickly.
The bottom line: Earl Gray & Sons deserves its reputation as a top local plumbing business. Definitely keep them in mind the next time you need a home service professional, and visit their website for more details.
8) Peterman Brothers Heating Cooling Plumbing
Another great example of a plumbing business that can also work on your air conditioner or home furnace system. Some quick facts:
- The company has been around since 1986.
- They offer free estimates.
- They have a 24/7 emergency service.
- They can help with pretty much any plumbing, heating, or air conditioning project that arises.
To find out more about Peterman Brothers, or to hire them for your next plumbing job, we recommend visiting their website.
9) Winters Plumbing
Winters Plumbing is well-known throughout the Indianapolis area, including Greenwood and Whiteland. A few reasons to have Winters Plumbing on your radar:
- They are a family company.
- They have more than 20 years of experience.
- They offer emergency services.
- They have some outstanding online reviews.
Learn more about Winters Plumbing by heading over to their website.
10) Kellie Plumbing
Kellie Plumbing is highly deserving of a space on our list, and here’s why:
- This is a family business that’s been delivering high-quality plumbing services since 1954!
- A Spanish communicator is available as needed.
- They have a 24/7 emergency line.
- They are known for their commitment to the latest and greatest plumbing technologies.
Curious to know more about Kellie Plumbing? Take a moment to visit their website.
How to Find the Right Plumber
Still not sure which plumber to hire? We’re happy to furnish a few general tips and guidelines. As you search for the right home service professional, here is what we would recommend.
For starters, there’s really no substitute for a personal recommendation from a friend, co-worker, neighbor, or family member. Ask the folks in your community if they have called a plumber or water heater repair service recently, and if so, what their experience was like. This can be one of the best ways to find solid, reputable plumbers who work in your neck of the woods.
It’s always advisable to Google around before you hire a plumbing or air conditioning company. in particular, we recommend taking stock of online reviews. While reviews are not infallible or error-free, they can create a general sense of a company’s reputation, the standards of its customer service, etc. So while one bad review isn’t anything to fret about, consistently bad reviews should be a warning sign.
Get Multiple Quotes
Sometimes, in emergency situations, you may not have the luxury of shopping around. If you have a little leeway to call three or four companies and get a quote from each one, that’s usually the best way to ensure you’re paying a fair rate.
What to Look for When Hiring a Plumber
There are a number of qualities to look for as you seek the right home plumbing professional. Here is a basic checklist.
Range of Services
You can’t always assume that the plumber you’re talking to has experience installing tank-free water heaters, or that they are qualified to help you with water softeners. And you certainly can’t assume that every plumber is qualified to repair your air conditioning unit. It’s always wise to inquire about the specific services you need.
Reputation in the Community
To make sure you’re hiring someone honest, take stock of their local reputation. Online reviews are a big part of this, but we also recommend taking into account BBB accreditation, membership in local professional organizations, testimonials, etc.
You can always ask about free estimates. Even if the plumber you’re speaking with won’t offer a free estimate, they should at least be very transparent about their basic rates and about the estimated cost of your project. If a plumber seems unwilling to supply basic financial information, or if they won’t commit to avoiding hidden fees and surprise costs, that should be a significant red flag.
Most plumbers will make themselves available for after-hours calls, though you’ll likely have to pay extra for any plumbing work you have done on evenings and weekends. It’s wise to ask about emergency policies upfront.
Simply put, you deserve to work with trade service professionals who will be kind, responsive, and polite. If you call a plumber and don’t like the way you’re treated, that’s reason enough to keep looking elsewhere.
Finally, always make sure you find a plumber with a valid plumbing license. The best companies put their license info online, making it very easy for you to confirm. If you don’t see a license number, call and ask.
What Makes Licensing So Important?
We would always recommend working with a plumber who has an up-to-date license, as opposed to hiring an unlicensed plumber. There are a few reasons for this.
Licensing Conveys Expertise & Professionalism
It’s also worth noting that if you have a dispute with your licensed plumber, whether about the quality of their work or about the final cost, you can report it to the licensing board to have the issue litigated. This holds the plumber accountable. By contrast, if you hire a plumber who does not have a valid license, you really have no way to resolve any issues that arise.
How to Find Licensed Plumbing Professionals
As you look for plumbers who have a valid and up-to-date license, always start by just browsing their website. And if you talk with a plumber on the phone, you can ask them about licensing then. Alternatively, to see a full list of plumbers who hold a valid license in Indiana, we recommend visiting our directory.
How Can Licensed Plumbers Get into the Directory?
Are you a licensed plumber, working anywhere in Indiana? We’d love to include you in our directory. Find out more about the registration process.
Additional FAQ About Hiring a Plumber
A few additional inquiries that may be worth clearing up?
- Are all plumbers qualified to work on my air conditioning system? No; HVAC repairs entail an entirely different set of certifications. Don’t assume that your plumber can handle air conditioning repairs, though there are many companies that can assist with both types of home services.
- Should I choose a tankless water heater over a conventional one? It all depends on your budget, your home energy needs, and the space available in your home. A reputable plumber will be able to advise you.
- Where do I file complaints about a bad plumber? If you have an issue that needs to be resolved with a licensed plumber, the best place to turn is the licensing board itself. But before you do anything, we recommend trying to work it out with the company first.
Hire a Skilled Plumber in Whiteland, Indiana
Sooner or later, most homeowners find themselves in need of a reputable plumber. Sometimes this may be because a toilet is leaking or a drain is clogged; in other instances, it may be because the hot water heater stops working, or even because there is an issue with the gas line.
Follow our tips, and use our top 10 list, to make certain the plumber you hire has a solid reputation in the Whiteland community.