Plumbing needs can emerge at any time. Maybe one morning you notice a leaking pipe. Maybe your hot water heater goes out without warning. Maybe you’ve decided it’s time to replace those old, grungy plumbing fixtures. Or maybe you just want to make sure you’re keeping up with routine plumbing maintenance.
Table of Contents
Whatever your specific needs, it’s important to find a licensed and reputable plumbing company. This helps you feel confident about the quality of work that’s done, and also gives you some assurances that you’re being charged a fair price by an accredited professional.
For homeowners in Evansville, Indiana, there are many plumbers to choose from… to the point that it may almost be hard to know where to start. In this post, we’ll walk you through some of the best strategies for locating the right plumbing professional for your home or small business project.
How to Find the Right Company for Your Plumbing Needs
If it’s been a while since you last had to call a plumber… first of all, good for you! And second of all, you may be a little rusty on how to find the most reliable, affordable option.
There are a few general tips we’d recommend for finding qualified Evansville plumbers.
- Check with your network. Do you have a friend or family member who recently had a water heater replaced, or some other small plumbing job done? Reach out and see which plumbing service they used, and whether or not they’d recommend it.
- Ask a real estate agent. If you’ve recently moved into a new home in Evansville, reach out to the real estate agent you worked with. They’ll likely know some good local plumbers who can work for competitive rates.
- Do some Googling. If you don’t have any personal Evansville plumbing connections, you can always just use Google! Pay special attention to customer reviews, which can give you some indication as to the level of customer service you can expect.
- Interview two or three companies. Unless it’s an emergency job, there’s really no reason not to get quotes from two or three different plumbers in the Evansville area.
- Hire local. While there’s nothing wrong with hiring a big, nationwide franchise, companies with local roots are often more zealous to earn your business through great rates and high-level workmanship. Seek a company with a strong reputation in the Evansville area.
- Trust your gut. If you call a plumber and they come across as dishonest, unfriendly, or difficult to talk to, that’s reason enough to look for a different Evansville plumbing service. Don’t give your business to a plumber who simply can’t inspire confidence.
With these strategies in mind, you’re well on your way to finding the right Evansville Indiana plumbing team to handle your drain cleaning, water heater repair, or toilet installation needs.
How We Chose the Top Plumbers in Evansville, Indiana
Now, we’ll get into our recommendations, which we hope will point you toward some good, reputable plumbing teams in the area. But first, just a quick note about how we arrived at these picks. We selected our Evansville plumbing recommendations based on the following criteria:
- Each plumbing business on our list holds a valid license in the State of Indiana.
- We looked carefully at both the quality and quantity of customer reviews.
- We ensured each of these companies is accredited with the Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- We considered membership in local Chambers of Commerce and other small business groups.
- Special awards and distinctions were also part of our calculus.
- We assessed the number of years each business has served the Evansville community.
- We looked into code violations and lawsuits associated with each plumbing company.
- In short, we’ve tried to pick businesses that enjoy strong reputations among Indiana home and business owners.
With all of that said, let’s now turn to the 10 Evansville Indiana plumbing companies we recommend most highly.
The 10 Best Plumbing Businesses in Evansville Indiana
1) Bud's Plumbing & Repair Service
There are a number of reasons why we list Bud’s in the first position. First of all, this is a licensed bonded and insured plumber with a long track record serving Evansville homeowners. Bud’s has been a trusted community fixture since 1920. And, if you take a look at the company’s Google, Yelp, and Facebook reviews, you’ll notice that they come highly recommended by local homeowners. You’ll find that Bud’s can handle a wide range of plumbing services, and that they offer 24/7 maintenance. Their services come highly regarded and awarded many times over. All in all, this is a plumbing business you can count on, and we’re happy to recommend them. Reach out to Bud’s via their website.
2) Ace Plumbing Company
Second on our list of plumbers in the tri-state area is Ace Plumbing. They’ve been offering their service for 40 years and counting. They can assist not just with water heaters and similar plumbing work, but also with fencing, roofing, commercial work, construction projects, and more. They are licensed bonded and insured, and their services have earned rave reviews throughout Evansville. We’re pleased to highly recommend Ace Plumbing Company; learn more at their site.
3) DrainCo Services
DranCo is our third recommendation, providing a wide range of services to Evansville homeowners. They’re best known for their services in drain cleaning… and indeed, we’re happy to recommend them for this kind of work. However, they also offer a great track record working with water heater repair and other household plumbing projects. DrainCo boasts flat, up-front pricing; they are proudly locally owned and operated, and have Evansville roots that inspire total confidence. Visit their website to find out more.
4) Gary's Plumbing
Speaking of plumbing companies that have offered their services to the Evansville community for a good long while… check out Gary’s, a local business with close to 40 years of experience. Gary’s is fully backed by the Better Business Bureau, enjoys great customer reviews, and provides pretty much any plumbing service you could ever need. Find out more about Gary’s by visiting their business website.
5) Bill's Plumbing Services
Serving the Evansville Indiana community for five decades and counting, Bill’s is a true institution. They’re a family business, and they offer a range of plumbing services that are backed by first-rate workmanship and clear, upfront pricing. As you seek the best local plumbing service to handle your Evansville plumbing needs, don’t neglect the team at Bill’s. Visit their website to find out more.
6) Modern Plumbing, Inc.
Modern Plumbing has Evansville roots that go back to the 1950s, and they remain family owned and operated to this day. If you want a plumbing service that you can depend on, give these folks a call. They do a little bit of everything and will offer you a reasonable price on whatever work you request. Learn more about this licensed and insured business by checking out their site.
7) J.E. Shekell, Inc.
Speaking of companies that do a little bit of everything, check out J. E. Shekell. They’re best-known for their services in plumbing. But, if it’s more than a plumber you need, they can also provide services in electrical work, HVAC maintenance, and more. They’re active throughout the tri-state region, including Evansville, Indiana. Learn more about all they offer, or talk to a plumber directly, by visiting their site.
8) Altstadt Hoffman Plumbing
Here’s yet another plumbing company that can boast decades of experience in the Evansville area. Altstadt Hoffman Plumbing has served Evansville and beyond for more than 50 years, and continues to earn rave reviews for their various services. You can find out more about those services, and about the company’s years of experience, by visiting their business website.
9) H.A. Lewis
The plumbers at H.A. Lewis can assist with cooling services, heating services, plumbing, drain cleaning services, and beyond. They’re a proud local business, serving the needs of the Evansville community for more than 50 years. They offer great rates and emergency services as well. The bottom line? This is a local business you can trust. Find out more about their services by checking out their business website.
10) Baylor Heating & Air Conditioning
Baylor may be best-known for their heating and HVAC repair services. They certainly excel in these fields… but if you need a reputable plumber, they offer services in that realm, as well. This Evansville business is proudly veteran owned and operated, too, so if that’s the kind of business you try to support, that’s reason enough to choose Baylor as your plumber. Visit the business website for more information about their services, or to hire a licensed plumber to help with your project.
Find the Right Plumbing Service in Evansville, Indiana
When the time comes to find local plumbing services, it’s important to do your homework. Find a local business that will do good work for a good price; and, provide excellent customer service, as well.
If you’re looking for the services of an Evansville plumber, make sure you find a business with the right licensing. Consult this business directory, which focuses on local services in plumbing and drain cleaning.
And, if you own a plumbing business, be sure you’re letting the whole world know that you’re licensed as a plumber. Show your certification marks, and earn more business through your accredited plumbing services.